OKA is continually working to enhance its member benefits package. A full list of available benefits along with discount codes and other required information is located in the Members Only section under "Member Benefits".
An overview of some of the benefits available to members is below.
If you know of a product or service that you think would be a benefit to other members please e-mail your suggestion to the OKA office so that we can investigate further.
Some of the benefits we provide our members are:
- Malpractice Insurance - (also called professional liability insurance or errors & omissions insurance). Professional Members of the association have access to the OKA group liability insurance policy that provides coverage from $1 million to $5 million per year and covers services and functions that fall under the kinesiologist scope of practice. Insurance is renewed each year as part of the Professional membership dues renewal. Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance is also available to Professional Members as an option.
- Extended Health Benefits - Extended health benefit packages tailored to suit each individuals requirements are also available through our insurance partners.
- Home/Auto/Johnson Personal Health Plan (PSP) - Additional insurance services provided by Johnson Inc.
- Discounted Hotel and getaway options - Great Wolf Lodge, Fallsview Water Park
- Travel discounts from VIA Rail Canada
- Industry related Products and Services - Equipment and publications from backfitPro.com and others
- Annual Conference - The OKA Annual Conference takes place each October and is both an excellent educational and networking opportunity for members to hear first hand the latest topics and research, and also to network and meet their fellow kinesiologists from across the province.
- Educational Workshops and Seminars - Each year the OKA tries to offer a varied selection of educational workshops and seminars to allow members to keep pace with the evolution of the profession. Information on workshops and seminars is distributed to the membership via the Calendar of Events, and also through E-Kinnection. Third party workshops and seminars are also advertised through the Calendar of Events.
- E-Kinnection - Is the OKA's electronic newsletter that is circulated monthly and contains relevant information on the profession, and the Association. Members are encouraged to submit articles or material for inclusion in E-Kinnection.
- Career listings - Currently available career listings are provided to members seeking a new opportunity or looking for a change.