The Vision & Mission of OKA
The Vision & Mission of the Ontario Kinesiology Association (OKA) provide the foundational direction for all OKA activities.
To have Kinesiologists recognized as the authority on human movement and the preferred provider of practical, applied and effective solutions for the prevention and management of injury, disability and chronic disease, and the improvement of over all health and performance.
The Ontario Kinesiology Association exists to:
- Be the voice for Kinesiologists in Ontario
- Assist in the growth and development of kinesiology and Kinesiologists in Ontario
Strategic Directions (2014-2016)
- Position OKA as leaders in the field of human movement
- Increase visibility of profession
- Seek collaborative opportunities with like-minded organizations to promote the profession
- Give Kinesiologists more opportunities to enhance their skills
- Promote and enhance career opportunities for Kinesiologists
The Three Pillars of Kinesiology
- PREVENTION – Kinesiologists are leaders in the prevention of injury, disability and chronic disease.
- MANAGEMENT – Kinesiologists use exercise in the management of injury, disability and chronic disease.
- PERFORMANCE – Kinesiologists are devoted to improving performance, health, and overall quality of life.