The Michener Institute
The Michener Institute’s Diabetes Educator Graduate Certificate Program was the first program globally to achieve recognition from the International Diabetes Federation and maintained that designation for the duration of the recognition program. Led by Certified Diabetes Educators, the program is highly sought after by health professionals interested in supporting patients and families with the management and control of diabetes. The program offers flexible and varied learning methods and for those interested in specializing further, there are a number of distinct additional courses that are offered independently.
The advanced level specialty courses have been designed to build on basic knowledge and advance the practice of interprofessional health care providers. A working knowledge of basic diabetes care and management is required to enrol in these courses.
- DE801 Diabetes in Children and Adolescents
- DE802 Diabetes and Pregnancy
- DE803 Engaging Patients in Managing Chronic Illness
- DE804 Diabetes Management in Seniors
- DE806 Diabetes 101
- DE807 Intensive Insulin Management
- DE808 Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes – Coming Soon
Email email@example.com to inquire.