DEPARTMENT: Accident Benefits
REPORTS TO: Clinical Resource Team Lead
Wawanesa Mutual Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada with $3 billion in annual revenues and assets of more than $9 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,500 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders through nine regional offices and 41 service offices in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for a dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individual who thrives in an environment that welcomes change and is looking to play an important role in shaping a newly created Clinical resource team, while contributing to the future of case management in the Accident Benefit department at Wawanesa Mutual Insurance.
To provide clinical advice and information to the adjusters of the Accident Benefit department at Wawanesa, for effective case management. This role will be responsible for the delivery of evidence-based advice to the Ontario AB Team who interact with customers and health care providers. Based on case referrals with specific and targeted requests for timely advice, ongoing management of cases is not required. Services to the Accident Benefit team may include case reviews and case conferences, which may require collegial and respectful discussion of treatment planning and quality care delivery by providers to Wawanesa customers. This role reports to a team leader who is also a clinician.
- Provide clinical advice on a case by case basis to the regional Accident Benefits’ team based on their queries.
- Review and discuss the clinical recommendations in Independent Medical Examination (IME) reports with the regional Accident Benefits’ team
- Provide expertise in Quality reviews of IME reports for discussion within Wawanesa
- Discuss customer specific assessment and treatment plans submitted by Ontario health practitioners
- Develop and deliver education to the regional Accident Benefit team on medical terminologies and interventions that are commonly encountered within auto insurance.
- Provide guidance on the appropriate use of recovery and return to work tools that are available
- Experienced Clinician with a minimum 5 years’ experience within the 3rd party payer industry
- Strong oral & written communication, and organizational skills, along with a commitment to outstanding customer service
- Demonstrated negotiation skills while maintaining respectful and collegial relationships
- Current in best practices for injury treatment, outcome measurement and return to work
- Demonstrated ability to provide evidence-based advice with respect to treatment planning at the case level
- Knowledgeable about legal and regulatory topics within the insurance industry, confidentiality of health records legislation, and health professional regulation
- Registered and in good standing with a regulatory college covered by the Regulated Health Professionals Act (RHPA)
- Advanced degree in a relevant health discipline
- Knowledge of the Auto Insurance industry is an asset
If you are interested in this exciting, newly created and challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.
Resume Submission Deadline is August 30, 2019
Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.