12 month leave coverage with the possibility of extension (to a max of 18 months)
The Kinesiologist will work as a member of a multidisciplinary team with the “Caring For My COPD” community program. Their role within the team will be to facilitate the exercise component of the Caring For My COPD program, ensuring safety and a client centered approach.
- Complete intake and follow up assessments involving completion of 6-Minute Walking Tests.
- Develop and facilitate a client centered exercise program suitable to meet the needs of the client.
- Utilize clinical judgment regarding clients safety as it pertains to exercise.
- Lead group based exercise classes.
- Bachelor Degree in Kinesiology.
- Current registration with the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario.
- Solid understanding of COPD and its relationship with physical activity.
- Experience developing and implementing exercise programs.
- Experience working with chronic disease populations.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Experience in a community health centre considered an asset.
- CSEP Clinical Exercise Physiologist certification considered an asset.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a supportive network of service providers.
To pursue this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Grand River Community Health Centre
363 Colborne Street
Brantford, ON N3S 3N2