Explore the potential for living and working in a rural-small town community that is vibrant, growing and rich with opportunity. Located on the Niagara Peninsula in Southern Ontario, Haldimand County is home to the waters of Lake Erie and the renowned Grand River. A single tier municipality with a population of 46,000, Haldimand County boasts diverse urban and rural communities, affordable housing and an outstanding quality of life.
Haldimand County is seeking a positive and engaging person to assist with the administration and management of short term illness, long term disability and workers compensation claims. As part of the Human Resources team, this position will directly support towards employee attendance, absence management, return to work and modified work programs. Specifically, this job is responsible to:
- Act as a liaison between employees, benefit providers, WSIB and internal HR and Management staff
- Provide first contact in the disability claims process, including both occupational (Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) Schedule 2) claims and non-occupational claims
- Analyze and provide statistical information to promote attendance at work
- Report on statistical information to support opportunities for process efficiency and improvement
- Directly contribute to employee wellness initiatives
The ideal candidate will be positive, proactive and methodical. As a natural communicator this position will work with a variety of individuals across the diverse set of services our municipality offers, as well as medical practitioners, third party agencies and insurers.
For this challenging role, we are seeking someone who has the following training, education and experience or equivalent:
- Community College diploma relative to Human Resources or related field that would provide knowledge to support this role (such as: Health Care, Health and Safety, Physiotherapy, Kinesiology, etc.)
- Certification to develop cognitive demands analysis and physical demands analysis, or the ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
- Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) specialist is considered an asset
- Up to 5 years current related work experience including, but not limited to, disability claims management, wellness and attendance support, preferably in a unionized environment.
In exchange for all of your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive annual salary of $62,407 - $70,199.
If this position appeals to you, please visit the County website by July 17th, 2019 at https://www.haldimandcounty.ca/careers/ to obtain and review further information including a detailed job description relating to this exciting employment opportunity.