This is an opportunity to work with the Fire and Emergency Services Training Institute (FESTI) as a Candidate Testing Services Evaluator. Successful applicants will work alongside other health professionals in the Candidate Testing Program at FESTI.
The Kinesiologist and/or Certified Exercise Physiologist will be responsible for conducting clinical fitness testing for firefighting candidates. Each test must be conducted with an emphasis on safety, accuracy, and fairness for each firefighting candidate.
- Conduct a variety of fitness assessments
- Conduct VO2max testing, using the OFAI Aerobic Fitness Evaluation-Encapsulated Treadmill Protocol
- Follow safety protocols, for example, spotting candidates while VO2max tests are being conducted
- Prepare each candidate with a mask, headgear, and heart rate monitor, prior to each VO2max test.
- Follow proper protocol for calibrating and disinfecting all equipment
- Complete necessary paperwork, and log all tests into database at the end of each day.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Registered Kinesiologist in good standing with the COKO
- Certified Exercise Physiologist
- Additional certifications are an asset: CSEP-CPT
- Current CPR and AED certification
- Prior fitness assessment experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, conflict-resolution and decision-making skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an inter-professional team
- Ability to work in a stressful fast paced environment
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
Job Type: Part-time/Casual
All qualified applicants will be considered; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply