Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping our Plan Members return to work through individually designed return to work strategies designed collaboratively by you, your professional colleagues, and vendors. Your responsibilities include budget management, planning and implementation of return to work programs. Duties may also include mediation and negotiation with claim related stakeholders. This role requires a high degree of multi-tasking, and ability to prioritize as you will often be faced with conflicting demands with short turnaround time requirements. This is a Toronto based position requiring travel in the GTA. There is the opportunity to work from home.
- Developing, monitoring and implementing innovative and goal-oriented vocational rehabilitation strategies for claimants in receipt of disability benefits.
- Contributing to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating more timely return to work for claimants.
- Work with Policyholders to develop creative return to work solutions
- Budget management
- Provide effective communication to policy holders and members, and various medical professionals, often delivering complex and/or difficult messages
- Vendor Management: ensuring the most effective and efficient treatments are available to our claimants
- Extensive functional rehabilitation experience (5 yrs.) or several years active rehabilitation experience
- Sound knowledge of Rehabilitation Industry Standards, Disability Insurance and medical terminology, and Disability and Rehabilitation management best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience managing budgets in a professional setting
- Valid driver's license and car is required to travel to various location
- Related University degree, preference will be given to those candidates with Health Sciences related education
- Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP) and/or Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CCRC) eligibility
- Completion of related Insurance Industry courses would be an asset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize when caseloads may be large and complex.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Ability to make difficult decisions which may have significant impact on claimants and our Business independently
- Proven problem-solving skills, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strength in working independently and in a cohesive team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Tec savvy with strong technical skills including proficiency in OneDrive, Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to think of creative solutions to rehabilitation problems
- Interest in helping others make gainful return to employment
If you feel this role is the right fit for you, please use the below link to apply directly to the opportunity. Applications will be accepted until Jan 17, 2019