Community Support Coordinator (Registered Kinesiologist), SMART Program
Location: London, ON (Middlesex-Elgin)
Requisition ID: 23324
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: SMART and Falls Prevention
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
The Coordinator is the first contact for Community Support Services for clients, caregivers and referral sources and assists them in understanding, accessing and navigating available services and supports. Schedules service delivery for community support services. Works collaboratively and maintains relationships with community support partner agencies including the local VON Community Corporation.
- Receives client phone calls pertaining to service requests, requests for information, and concerns related to services received.
- Interviews clients for personal information required to determine eligibility for service and to inform service set up. Schedules service delivery for community support services.
- Completes documentation for client personal and health information and inputs information into computerized database in a timely manner.
- Inputs intake information from paper intake forms into computerized database for group community-based programs.
- Communicates, responds to requests and coordinates services with partner agencies regarding program changes, scheduling of services, and service updates.
- Communicates with clients/caregivers and coordinates with program staff and/or volunteers to initiate services, implement service delivery changes, and address client questions and concerns.
- Prepares and sends out client service agreements, consents and program information.
- Completes documentation, data collection and reports as required.
- Accountable for being knowledgeable about the health and safety program and safe working procedures. Ensure compliance with all internal and external health and safety standards.
- Accountable for being knowledgeable of all policies and procedures related to their employment and functions.
- Assist with over all office support
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Meals on Wheels
- Vial of Life
- Income tax Program
- Post-Secondary Diploma in a program related to services for seniors or social services..
- Must be a registered Kinesiologist
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in use of computer (Word, Excel, Microsoft Office) and office equipment.
- Demonstrated problem solving, assess situations, set priorities and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, typing and time management skill.
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Apply online at www.von.ca