With a budget of over $150 million and more than 1000 sworn and civilian members, The Waterloo Regional Police Service (WRPS) requires an experienced health and wellness professional to fill the role of temporary Wellness Coordinator.
The WRPS delivers exceptional police services to more than 575,000 residents. The Waterloo Region is a vital and prosperous community in southern Ontario that offers the unique combination of a growing urban centre comprised of three municipalities, Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo surrounded by four rural communities, North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich. You will work in a community proud of its diversity and within an organization focused on its people.
As a member of the Wellness Unit, the Wellness Coordinator will plan, develop and promote sworn and civilian member total health and injury/illness prevention programs, and assist with the development and implementation of psychological wellness initiatives, plans and procedures.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology is required, licensed by the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario, along with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the field; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology Certified Exercise Physiologist (CSEP-CEP) designation is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to use judgement and initiative to make decisions and develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles
- Personal physical fitness sufficient to demonstrate and deliver all aspects of training, instruction and testing
- Knowledge of standardized office procedures and processes and skill in the operation of a personal computer and knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Office
- Analytical and problem solving skills required with the ability to identify, troubleshoot and respond to potential hazards with fitness equipment, physical training and fitness assessments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required to present wellness training programs
- Customer service and interpersonal skills are required to request and provide information
- Time management and organizational skills required to efficiently complete work with competing deadlines
- Ability to meet police security clearance requirements and to maintain confidentiality
- A valid Class G Ontario Driver’s License with no more than six demerit points required to travel within and outside of Region
- Ability to participate as an effective team member and to support and project values compatible with the organization
- Ability to meet testing requirements for the position
Why join WRPS?
- Ongoing professional development
- Excellent benefits and pension
- Dynamic, exciting work environment
- Strong, supportive leadership
- Employee fitness and wellness programs
- Hourly Wage: $41.17
Please submit a resume indicating the position title by Monday, November 26, 2018 at 3p.m. to:
Mail: Human Resources Branch, Waterloo Regional Police Service
200 Maple Grove Road, Cambridge, Ontario N3H 5M1
If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview, please email the WRPS at HumanResources@wrps.on.ca.
Diversity through inclusion – we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.