Grey Bruce Health Services is a multi-site health care corporation with six hospital locations across Grey and Bruce Counties. Located 2 hours north of Toronto on the shores of Georgian Bay and Lake Huron, Grey-Bruce offers the perfect combination of natural paradise and urban convenience, appealing to recreation and cultural enthusiasts’ alike.
In order to provide excellent medical care close to home for the approximately 150,000 residents, Grey Bruce Health Services runs a large secondary-level acuity Hospital in Owen Sound, as well as five small rural Hospitals in Lion’s Head, Wiarton, Southampton, Markdale and Meaford, each offering 24-hour Emergency care and a range of inpatient and ambulatory services.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the temporary full-time position of Rehabilitation Consultant:
Reporting to the Manager, Occupational Health and Safety, provides case management to effectively ensure a safe and timely return to work of employees with both work-related and non-work-related injuries, as well as long term illness. Responsible for collecting medical information to support the payment of sick benefits for both Grey Bruce Health Services and South Bruce Grey Health Services employees. Determines suitability of work based on functional ability and job demands. Works collaboratively with managers and employees to develop supportive and effective return to work plans for employees’ return to work.
- Registered Nurse or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant health profession with an Occupational Health or Disability Management Diploma
- Canadian Certification in Occupational Health Nursing or Certification in Disability Management preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- Recent experience with WSIB/Non Occupational Claims Management with minimum 3 years’ experience in a unionized health care setting
- Demonstrated excellence in working in a team-work environment, as well as independently
- Well-developed problem solving skills combined with demonstrated people leadership skills
- Familiarity & experience in working with the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act, the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, Human Rights Act
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to deal effectively with difficult and stressful situations
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Windows, word and excel
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, analytical thinking and initiative
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle; travel may be required to all hospital sites
- Recent satisfactory performance and good attendance record
- Knowledge of and adherence to GBHS “CARE” behaviours (Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence)
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at GBHS through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes
If you are interested in this dynamic career opportunity, please forward your resume by September 29, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Grey Bruce Health Services
Attention: Human Resources
E: email@example.com | F: 519-372-3949 | T: 519-376-2121 Ext. 2014
Grey Bruce Health Services is an equal opportunity employer.