This is an opportunity to work with the Fire and Emergency Services Training Institute (FESTI) as a Candidate Testing Services Evaluator. Successful applicants will work alongside other health professionals in the Candidate Testing Program at FESTI.
The kinesiologist will be responsible for conducting clinical fitness testing for firefighting candidates. Each test must be conducted with an emphasis on accuracy, safety and fairness for each firefighting candidate.
- Conducting a variety of fitness assessments
- Conducting VO2max testing, using the Modified IAFF WFI Treadmill Protocol.
- Preparing each candidate with a mask, headgear, and heart rate monitor, prior to each VO2max test.
- Spotting candidates while VO2max tests are being conducted, to ensure safety.
- Competing necessary paperwork, and logging all tests into database at the end of each day.
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment after each test.
- Calibrating and disinfecting all equipment at the beginning and end of each day.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor of Science/Kinesiology degree or equivalent
- Registered Kinesiologist in good standing with the COKO
- Additional certifications are an asset: Certified Exercise Physiologist, CSEP-CEP, CSEP-CPT
- Current CPR and AED certification
- Prior fitness assessment experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, conflict-resolution and decision-making skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an inter-professional team
- Ability to work in a stressful fast paced environment
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
Job Type: Part-time/Casual
All qualified applicants will be considered; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org