Brantwood offers a wide range of services including a Recreation Therapy Centre that offers memberships to the community. Brantwood is committed to improving the quality of life of people of all ability levels through prevention focused services. We offer a wide range of physical fitness classes and programs, and house a therapeutic warm water pool, multi-sensory room, and assessable exercise equipment.
The Kinesiologist assesses and develops customized programs to help maintain and/or enhance movement and performance in the areas of recreation, activities of daily living, and exercise. The Kinesiologist also provides in-service training and education to employees, as well as return to work assessments for re-injury prevention.
The Recreation and Therapy Centre is seeking a Registered Kinesiologist who has experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating physical fitness and wellness programming, and has demonstrated the ability to support people with developmental disabilities with a wide range of physical support needs. This part-time position may develop into full-time within six months. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting the full-time Kinesiologist in service delivery while providing person centered support to the people who receive services, and enhancing the fitness programs to support people in reaching their goals.
What can you contribute to Brantwood?
- Leadership skills in implementing and evaluating physical fitness and wellness programming
- Experience in supporting individuals within a group who have varying levels of ability
- Work collaboratively with other professionals to establish exercise/fitness plans
- Development and ongoing follow-up of Physical management exercise profiles
- Excellent customer service skills and effective positive communication skills
- Strong advocacy and assessment skills.
Would be an Asset:
- Current Lifeguard Certification or Aquatic Fitness Instructor Certification
- CSEP, CEP Certification
- Certified Seniors Fitness Instructor.
- Post-secondary degree in Kinesiology with a minimum of 1 year direct programming experience for people with developmental disabilities. Applicant must be licensed to practice by the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario and provide proof of registration
- Possess a valid Emergency First Aid & Heart Saver CPR certification
The Core Competencies that apply to this position are:
Advocating for Others, Level 4; Collaboration, Level 4; Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making, Level 4; Fostering Independence in Others, Level 4; Initiative, Level 3; Interpersonal Relations & Respect, Level 4; Resilience, Level 4.
Flexibility, Self-Control, Service Orientation, Values & Ethics
Successful Applicants will be required to complete and provide (prior to employment):
- Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
- Brantwood Pre-Employment Health form
- Proof of current certification in Emergency First Aid & Heart Saver CPR
- Proof of educational qualifications.
In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available to applicants to support them in all aspects of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.