About Coughlin & Associates Ltd.:
Across the country, thousands of Canadians rely on Coughlin & Associates Ltd. to design and administer their group medical, dental, disability, life insurance and pension benefits. Coughlin is a full-service benefits consultant and third party administrator. Our services include:
• group benefits consulting and plan marketing
• plan administration and correspondence
• claims adjudication and payment
Established in 1958, Coughlin & Associates Ltd. provides services to some of Canada’s most respected companies, unions and public service organizations.
Do you value Service Beyond Expectations™?
Today, we are offering highly organized and motivated individuals with a passion for exceptional service the opportunity to apply for the following position in our Ottawa office. If you have experience relating to some of the following fields: accounting, benefits, claims adjudication, customer service, group administration, human resources, payroll, business analysis, consulting, finance, banking, bookkeeping, accounts payable, or accounts receivable, we want to hear from you.
BILINGUAL DISABILITY CLAIMS SPECIALIST
The Bilingual Disability Claims Specialist is responsible for managing disability claims to successful resolution. He or she is responsible for ensuring a plan member is eligible for disability benefits, and ensuring effective and pro-active case management strategies are applied to support the successful return to work of the plan member. The Bilingual Disability Claims Specialist is responsible for developing goal-oriented case management plans to manage the disability claim duration. He or she is required to process short-term disability and sick leave claims for payment, by applying established policies and procedures. The Bilingual Disability Claims Specialist also provides administrative support to the clients, members and insurers and does so in such a way to allow effective and prompt processing of all disability claims. In addition, the Bilingual Disability Claims Specialist is to provide direct liaison with the Trustees, employers and the members. He or she is required to provide information regarding procedures and claim status to the plan consultants and other company staff as needed.
The Bilingual Disability Claims Specialist is responsible for preparing duty related correspondence, responding to client inquiries, administering long term disability claims, administering weekly indemnity claims, administering sick leave claims, and preparing specific group reports on a weekly and/or monthly basis.
- The candidate requires a post-secondary diploma in a health related field. A combination of required education and a minimum of 5 years experience in the area of disability claims administration is expected.
- A professional designation with a regular health profession is an asset
- The candidate must have strong mathematical, grammatical and spelling abilities.
- He/she should have demonstrated ability to use word-processing, spreadsheet and database software and be proficient with the use of standard office equipment.
- The candidate requires sound knowledge in the concepts of benefits claims administration.
- The candidate requires familiarity with office administration procedures, and has the ability to adhere to existing company administrative and benefits claims policies and procedures.
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and have the ability to maintain good public relations, both within and outside the organization.
- The candidate must be able to use tact, discretion and maintain information in the strictest of confidence.
- He/she must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively using tact and discretion, with all work related contacts both orally and in writing. Bilingualism in both official languages, English/French, oral and written is required.
- The candidate must possess a strong vocabulary of medical terminology.
- The candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively with plan members, employers, and health care providers to facilitate the recovery and return to work of the plan member.
- The candidate must be able to extract and appropriately interpret information from medical books, insurer guidelines and group benefit contracts.
- The candidate is responsible to work extended hours as requested, and or as required, to meet the job demands.
- The candidate may be required to represent Coughlin and Associates in client meetings, when required.
- The candidate must agree to do other related duties assigned by the manager.
What’s in it for you?
We offer one of the most competitive compensation and benefits packages in the industry. We pride ourselves on career development and fostering growth. Our employees enjoy the opportunity to provide valuable feedback and collaborate on achieving goals. Coughlin’s team is truly one-of-a-kind. If you have what it takes to provide Service Beyond Expectations™, apply today.
How do I apply?
Interested applicants should forward a resume and covering letter stating their salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Human Resources & Operations Manager.
Coughlin & Associates Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout our selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more details: www.coughlin.ca