Build your career at the hospital that’s built for the future!
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver compassionate, professional, respectful care.
We are seeking a full-time Employee Health and Abilities Consultant to join our Occupational Health and Safety Team. Reporting directly to the Manager, Occupational Health and Safety, this individual will apply the principles of effective integrated disability management and return to work coordination to manage all claims of a disability, that render a worker temporarily or permanently unable to do his/her regular job. The Employee Health and Abilities Consultant also provides support to managers on employee disability related issues. The incumbent will be proficient in return to work and accommodation practices.
The successful candidate will facilitate WSIB claim management, utilizing knowledge of provincial legislation, help prepare information for WSIB tribunal, Appeals and Arbitration as required. They will develop return to work plans, conduct return to work meetings, provide direction and assistance in the re-integration of employees back to work, review capabilities of the employee and facilitate transitional modified work plans in collaboration with supervisors, employees and union representatives.
- Manage all aspects of STD/LTD claims, including adjudication, case management and return to work coordination.
- Ensure that all STD/LTD claims and applications are reported, distributed, tracked, documented and processed in a timely manner
- WSIB case management.
- Coordinate RTW plans and meetings with stakeholders.
- Implement, coordinate and manage an ongoing caseload of active disability files
- Apply policies and procedures to ensure efficient, productive and cost effective results
- Employ appropriate resources to ensure effective individual case/claims management process, including the Occupational Health Nurse and Physician, Human Resources, Payroll, IME’s, FAEs, external service provider, etc.
- Participate, as required, in development of permanent accommodation arrangements
- Communicate effectively with management and union representatives on cases
- Other duties as assigned
- A University degree in health related discipline including kinesiology, occupational therapy or physiotherapy
- Member in good standing with your respective college
- NIDMAR or CDMP certification required
- Minimum5 years’ experience in disability case management or similar field (i.e.: Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Experience in non-occupational and WSIB claims management; or suitable combination of other relevant experience and education.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of principles of disability management and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and other relevant legislation, e.g. Human Rights Code of Ontario, Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Experience in all aspects of claims management, disability case management and return to work programs in a unionized environment.
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office (Word, spreadsheets)
- Experience with Parklane an asset
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are required to email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 17, 2017.
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.