Membership and Insurance Renewals for 2017 are now available online at www.oka.on.ca by logging into the Members Only section.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- Your OKA membership and professional liability insurance will expire at midnight on December 31, 2016
- Online renewal is the fastest and most secure method to renew your OKA membership and professional liability insurance for 2017
- You are renewing for the 2017 membership year - please ensure that you select 2017 from the renewal year drop down box
- To renew online you need to login to the members only section of the website
- Once you have completed your OKA dues renewal you will be taken to the Prolink website to complete the online insurance purchase.
- The new website has a new login procedure - instructions are posted, if you have difficulty please contact the OKA office
- All Professional Category members are reminded that they must complete their 2017 OKA dues and insurance renewals by January 1 to ensure continuous insurance coverage as per regulatory college requirements.
- Late fees for Professional Category members are automatically applied as of January 1, 2017.
- Student and Affiliate members have until January 31 to complete their membership renewal before late fees are automatically applied.
- A hardcopy renewal notice will be mailed in December as a further reminder. Additional e-kinnection reminders will also be circulated during the renewal period.
Members are reminded that OKA insurance is not valid without a valid OKA membership. You must follow the online renewal process in the members only section of the OKA website, as part of the online renewal process you are automatically passed to the insurance company website to complete the insurance portion. If you bypass the OKA membership renewal process your insurance will be cancelled and the regulatory college notified that you are not insured.
New for 2017: OKA has rejoined the Canadian Kinesiology Alliance.
As a result of the recent membership ballot the OKA has rejoined the Canadian Kinesiology Alliance (CKA) for 2017. We are pleased to once again be part of the CKA and support the initiatives and strategic direction of the Alliance under its new leadership. We look forward to playing a major part in the success of kinesiology on a national level. For 2017 CKA will administer the national professional liability insurance program which OKA members will have access to as part of the renewal process. The new insurance policy includes some additional benefits that were not available, or available in a reduced capacity, under the old policy. Details can be found in this Professional Liability Insurance document.
Additional member benefits and resources will also be available from the CKA for OKA members, details can be found on the CKA website at this link.
OKA Year in Review:
Once again we have produced our annual Year in Review document that outlines what OKA has been doing over the past year.
When renewing your OKA membership for 2017 please consider the following advocacy activities that the association has done on behalf of its members that have only been possible through your continued support.
Read the 2016 Year in Review at this link.