What is Kinesiology?
• Kinesiology is the systematic study of the body in movement. Kinesiologists work to understand how and why people move the way they do, and the factors which limit and enhance our capacity to move. Learn more about Kinesiology.
What are the benefits of Kinesiology?
• We are learning more each day about how Kinesiology can benefit us in every aspect of our lives. Some common benefits of Kinesiology include: healthier daily living, less disease and injury and faster recovery, less pain and discomfort, a better understanding of how the body works, healthier, safer workplaces, improved work and sports performance.
What types of jobs do Kinesiologists typically have?
• Some of the positions that a Certified Kinesiologist might fill include, Clinical Kinesiologist, Ergonomist, Rehabilitation Coordinator, Private Consultant, Clinic Manager, Work Site Analyst, Researcher, Business Owner, Occupational Health and Safety Specialist, Work Disability Consultant, and Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist. A trained kinesiologist can help you start an effective exercise program, boost your performance at work, recover from an injury or accident...and more. Learn more about what Kinesiologists do.
Are Kinesiologists in demand?
• The aging baby boomer population, together with increasing average life spans, is increasing demand for the services of health and wellness professionals like Kinesiologists. People are living longer and are determined to maintain an active lifestyle well into retirement. This means taking better care of their bodies for life. Since this trend shows no sign of slowing down for some time, we expect to see many new opportunities for Certified Kinesiologists in the coming years.
Are Kinesiologists licensed healthcare professionals?
• Yes. beginning on April 1, 2013 Kinesiologists will be licensed professionals in the Province of Ontario. The College of Kinesiologists of Ontario will be the body responsible for the licensing of individual kinesiologists in the province (beginning April 1 2013). The College will ensure standards of practice are adhered to, and will provide a recourse for the general public in the event of a complaint against a licensed kinesiologist.
What education do Kinesiologists have?
• Kinesiologists require a four year university Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent from a kinesiology, human kinetics or kinanthropology program. Once the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario is operational a required continuing education program will be implemented and overseen by the licensing body.
Can a Kinesiologist help me?
• Kinesiologists can assist in a wide variety of ways to improve both your health and wellness. To find out if kinesiology can work for you contact a kinesiologist in your area.